Luke Littler ready for World Darts Championship final after omelette breakfast with girlfriend

Luke Littler ready for World Darts Championship final after omelette breakfast with girlfriend

The world of news
0

  

Download The world news app and enjoy additional content 


Luke Littler, the 16-year-old sensation who has taken the World Darts Championship by storm, arrived at Alexandra Palace on Wednesday evening for his final showdown with reigning champion Michael van Gerwen.


The teenager, who has stunned the darts world with his remarkable run to the final, was greeted by a throng of reporters and photographers as he stepped out of a car and walked into the iconic venue.


Luke, who has been nicknamed 'The Nuke' and 'The Prince of the Palace' by his adoring fans, looked calm and confident as he smiled and waved to the cameras.


He was accompanied by his girlfriend Eloise Milburn, 21, a beautician who has been by his side throughout the tournament.


The couple had enjoyed a relaxing morning at a nearby hotel, where they had a cheese and ham omelette for breakfast at a local cafe.


Luke revealed that the £8.40 dish has been his lucky charm this week, as he has eaten it before every match.


He said: "It's been part of my routine. I like to have a good breakfast before I play. It gives me energy and keeps me focused."


Luke, who started playing darts when he was just six years old, has been hailed as a prodigy and a future star of the sport.


He has defeated some of the biggest names in the game, including Peter Wright, Gary Anderson and Gerwyn Price, on his way to the final.


He has also won the hearts of millions of viewers with his humble and cheerful personality, as well as his impressive skills on the oche.


He has celebrated his victories with modest treats, such as kebabs and pizzas, and has donated some of his prize money to charity.


He said: "I'm just living the dream. I never expected to get this far. I'm just enjoying every moment and having fun."


Luke will face his toughest challenge yet when he takes on van Gerwen, the world number one and three-time champion, in the best-of-13-sets final.


The Dutchman, who has been dominant in the tournament, is the overwhelming favourite to retain his title and claim the £500,000 top prize.


But Luke, who has already earned £200,000 for reaching the final, said he is not afraid of his opponent and believes he can pull off a historic upset.


He said: "I respect Michael a lot. He's a great player and a great champion. But I'm not scared of him. I've beaten some of the best players in the world and I can beat him too."


He added: "I'm just going to play my own game and do my best. I've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. I'm here to win and make history."


The final, which is expected to attract a record TV audience, will start at 8pm and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports.


Post a Comment

0Comments

Please Select Embedded Mode To show the Comment System.*